BIG TIME HOOPS, welcomes you to be a part of the largest, most professionally organized provider of youth basketball events in the nation. Within each event, teams will compete at different competitive levels based on coach’s self assessment of their particular team’s skill level.
All games will be at top venues throughout the Nation. Our goal is to give the players, organization, college coaches and spectators an atmosphere where they can enjoy the experience of high level basketball in an environment that is conducive to a high school or college game.
Most events will consist of pool play, to single elimination bracket play.
Below you will find helpful information about Big Time Hoops
NCAA Coaches Certification (LIVE EVENTS ONLY)
NCAA Team Registration (LIVE EVENTS ONLY)
Game Rules of Big Time Hoops
- Clock stops on whistle
- 15 mins per half (grades 9 thru 12 / ages 15U – 18U)
- 14 mins per half (grades 7 & 8 / ages 13U – 14U)
- 13 mins per half (grades 3 thru 6 / ages 9U – 12U)
- 2 Min halftime
- One full and one 30 sec time out per half
- Minimum of 4 minute warm-up
- Overtime consist of 2 mins, each team having one full timeout, sudden death starts in the 3rd Overtime
- Free throws are “ON THE RELEASE”
- 10 second backcourt, ages 12 and Up
- Each player has 5 fouls before disqualification
- Bonus on 10th foul, two free-throw attempts (no ONE in ONE)
- Home team will provide official score keeper with visiting team keeping clock. TEAM DEPICTED ON LEFT OR TOP OF SCHEDULE IS HOME.
- High School Federation Rules apply for all other scenarios
- Water is the only outside beverage allowed in facilities
- Slaughter Rule: Clock runs when opposing team is trailing by 25 points, clock will stop on whistle when deficit reaches 20 or below.
- Tie Breaker Rules – Head To Head, Differential (Teams In Tie), Differential (All Teams), Allowed
All coaches MUST check-In within the FIRST FOUR HOURS of event to receive their coaching band/credentials. No coaching band will be granted after the four hour window; NO EXCEPTIONS!
Coaches’ Band (Non-NCAA Event)
Head Coach and Assistant Coach must be registered in the Big Time Hoops system at least 4 days prior to event. IF NOT, coach will NOT receive a band, all coaches must produce a Government Issued Picture ID and sign for their respective band – NO EXCEPTIONS!!
NCAA COACHES CHECK-IN
Coaches must have a valid NCAA number and present a government issued ID to receive their sideline coaches’ band. Need an NCAA Approval Number, please Click Here. Head Coach and all Assistant Coaches(Max of 2) must be registered in the Big Time Hoops system at least 4 days prior to event. IF NOT, coach will NOT receive a coaches side line band and will not be allowed to sit on bench or at score table. All coaches must individually sign for their respective band – NO EXCEPTIONS!!
Eligiblility and Player Documentation
Teams are segmented by age and skill level. *Contact Big Time Hoops for any exceptions, must be done 7 days prior to event!
- 9U/3rd Grade – Player must not be older than 9; players that turn 10, 30 days before event are eligible.
- 10U/4th Grade – Player must not be older than 10; players that turn 11, 30 days before event are eligible.
- 11U/5th Grade – Player must not be older than 11; players that turn 12, 30 days before event are eligible.
- 12U/6th Grade – Player must not be older than 12; players that turn 13, 30 days before event are eligible.
- 13U/7th Grade – Player must not be older than 13; players that turn 14, 30 days before event are eligible.
- 14U/8th Grade – Player must not be older than 14; players that turn 15, 30 days before event are eligible.
- 15U/9th Grade – Player must not be older than 15; players that turn 16, 30 days before event are eligible.
- 16U/10th Grade – Player must not be older than 16; players that turn 17, 30 days before event are eligible.
- 17U/18U – 11th or 12th Grade
- DMV Issued Walker ID or Legal Passport or SportsAge ID
- Birth Certificate & Current Semester Report Card
Team coach can protest eligibility of any player on opposing team prior to the start of the protesting game. Protesting coach must pay the $50 fee to initiate protest and submit their protest in writing. If protesting coach wins he/she will be refunded fee and ineligible team and/or player will be immediately removed from event. NO PROTESTS CAN BE SUBMITTED ONCE THAT GAME HAS STARTED.
Big Time Hoops has the authority to have a high skilled team play up one grade only. Also, teams that wish to play in HS Open Division must have at least one 10th grader or above. Coaching staff is responsible for producing player report card or birth certificate in case of protest. Teams caught cheating will be removed from event and all future events with no refund.
Pool play to playoff/bracket play
3 game guarantee set-up – All teams are guaranteed three games with single elimination during playoff/bracket play.
All games start on time, forfeits are issued when team is not at center court (w/ minimum of 4 players) by 7th minute mark of schedule game. Also, a 10 point penalty will be assessed for teams that start after the start time but prior to forfeit. Example: Team X gets to center court at 3:07 p.m. for a scheduled game at 3 p.m., Team B will have a starting score of Team X – 0 vs. Team B – 10.
Overtime and Seeding Tie Breakers
Overtime starts 2 mins after end of regulation, team fouls carryover and each team has one timeout in OT.
Complete a team registration or pre-registration for any upcoming event. Thereafter, you will begin to receive emails/text messages regarding upcoming events. We thank you for your interest and welcome to BIG TIME HOOPS.
Insurance and Trainers
Big Time Hoops does not carry player insurance, we advise that teams carry insurance during the seasons for protecting players and coaching staff. On-site trainers are only at certified NCAA events, coaches and players should at minimum carry a first aid kit or have the following items:
- Ankle tape
- Ice packs/ Heating packs
- Eye Contact solution